Independence Day Fireworks July 4th 2019 in N. Georgia
The 4th of July is on Thursday this year. Most areas will fill the skies with celebratory fireworks for Independence Day on July 4th.
This list of 4th of July fireworks in North Georgia was updated on July 3rd.
If there’s bad weather or cancellations, we’ll update the links. Here’s the Weather Channel’s forecast for Gainesville, just in case.
Yes, there’s a 40% of afternoon thunderstorms. That could also mean that there’s a 60% chance there won’t be afternoon thunderstorms. The Weather Channel is only right about half the time … so THAT means there’s only a 20% chance of thunderstorms on July 4th. (Dazzling logic, huh?)
God bless America, land that I love. Stand beside her and guide her!
Independence Day 2019 Fireworks in North Georgia
- Acworth — Thursday, July 4th, 2019
- Alpharetta — Thursday, July 4th
- Atlanta, GA Centennial Olympic Park — Thursday, July 4th
- Atlanta, Ponce City Market, 4th Ward — Thursday, July 4th
- Blairsville — Thursday, July 4th
- Blue Ridge Scenic Railway — Friday, July 5th
- Braselton — Thursday, July 4th
- Braselton, Chateau Elan — Friday, July 5th onsite for registered guests
- Buford, Mall of GA — Thursday, July 4th
- Cumming — Thursday, July 4th
- Dahlonega — Thursday, July 4th
- Dawsonville — Thursday, July 4th
- Demorest — Thursday, July 4th
- Dillard — Thursday, July 4th
- Gainesville’s Laurel Park — Thursday, July 4th
- Gwinnett Stripers — July 4, 5 & 6, 2019
- Helen — Thursday, July 4th
- Hiawassee GA Mtn Fairgrounds — Thursday, July 4th
- Lanier Islands — Thursday, Friday & Saturday, July 4th thru 6th
- Lake Rabun — Friday, July 5th
- Lenox Square Mall, Atlanta — Canceled forever
- Lilburn — Thursday, July 4th
- Margaritaville at Lanier Islands — Thursday – Saturday, July 4th-6th
- Stone Mountain — July 1st – 7th Nightly after the Lasershow
- Suches — Thursday, July 4th
The 4th of July is like the Amateur Hour for impaired driving. Nice folks have “a couple of beers” before hopping in their cars and being stopped at sobriety checkpoints by law enforcement officers who are (ready?) enforcing the laws against driving under the influence.
If you drink and drive, be sure to keep your lawyer’s name in your phone’s contact list — and be prepared to kiss your savings, your driving privileges, your job and maybe your family goodbye.
Happy 243rd birthday to the United States of America! The greatest nation on the planet. Or, any planet.
Happy 4th of July!!