No, you don’t have to go door to door selling electric spoons or subscriptions to Motorcycles & Lace magazine.
You don’t have to buy enough make-up to try to paint all the women in New Orleans a different hue.
You don’t have to memorize the Table of Elements.
Here are the unofficial requirements:
- You must actually believe this is a job and jobs require work.
- You must be willing to actually work, even though the job rocks.
- Whiners need not apply.
- If you believe the purpose of employment is to make you feel good about yourself, you need not apply.
- If you believe “work” begins at 8 AM and always “ends” at 5 PM ON WEEKDAYS, you need not apply.
- If you can get along with people who are not always easy to get along with … but it’s always worth it in the end … please apply.
- If you love Lake Lanier, please apply.
- Job title: Sales Manager
- Sales experience – especially in the tourism/hospitality industry is a must.
- If you have enough sense to know that working for the Lake Lanier Convention & Vistor’s Bureau might be the best job in the world, please apply.
- If you could possibly defeat feelings of guilt for getting paid to promote all things Lake Lanier, please apply.
- You might never be as fun, professional and delightful as those who currently serve the Lake Lanier Convention & Visitor’s Bureau, but if you’re willing to give it a shot … please apply.
Please contact Stacey Dickson, president, Lake Lanier CVB for more information.
(No, I did not include specific contact information. If that makes you angry or if that’s too hard to accomplish, you need not apply. Yes, that is part of the test.)
Although you might believe you could not possibly be worthy of this job, take a look at their website anyway. They’re regular, normal, almost-perfect people … just like you and me.
Click Here for the Lake Lanier Convention & Visitor’s Bureau Website
Note to Lawyers: This is an unofficial job posting. If any laws were broken — intentionally or otherwise — I can prove that someone else is responsible. Thank you.