Rain Delays the Opening of License to Chill Snow Island
Can you imagine spending $5.5 million to perk up the already amazing Lanier Islands Resort and have your well planned opening night rained out? It must make them crazy to announce, “Rain Delays the Opening of License to Chill Snow Island.”
Margaritaville at Lanier Islands expected to open License to Chill Snow Island on Friday, November 16, 2018, but that’s been unexpectedly changed.
They’re now going to celebrate the Grand Opening as soon as possible.
We’ve had cold, rainy days with flood watches all week long. Saturday and Sunday are expected to be sunny with highs around 60. Not the best weather for creating all the man-made snow to pack the slippery slopes at Margaritaville at Lanier Islands for the opening of License to Chill Snow Island.
Margaritaville at Lanier Islands is making winter cool again with America’s fastest hill for snow tubing! That will warm anybody up on the coldest night.
Safe Harbor Development President Darby Campbell says,
We have spared no expense to make License to Chill Snow Island one of the best winter attractions in the country! [We created] a complete holiday adventure at Margaritaville at Lanier Islands. [We’re inviting our] guests to really ‘chill out’ this season.”
The six fancy snow-making machines don’t work so well when the weather is wet and warm. Even if rain delays the opening of License to Chill Snow Island for a couple of days, it will be open until Sunday, February 24, 2019.
Just how cool is License to Chill Snow Island?
- 13 winter-themed carnival rides with Bumper Cars, a Ferris Wheel and more.
- The fastest snow-tubing hill in North America with ten 400-foot long lanes!
- Firepits for roasting marshmallows, making s’mores and not freezing to death.
- A beautiful ice-skating rink
- A four-lane snow-tubing slide right on Paradise Beach
- Snow play areas for children throughout Margaritaville at Lanier Islands
- A snowball fight area at LandShark Landing, complete with throwing targets by the lake.
- Sleigh rides down Paradise Beach
- A snow-clad beach bar
- Santa’s Surf Shack at LandShark Landing, where kids can meet and snap a selfie with St. Nick
Get ready to chill at Lanier Islands from opening day through February 24, 2019.