Learn to Row Up a Creek with Only One Oar!
As we all know, the scariest things in life are (in no special order): public speaking; having “the love of your life” find out about your crazy family; having your kid vomit on your boss at the company picnic; and, being up a creek without a paddle or with only one oar.
You’re on your own for the first few, but we have good news on the one oar front! The Lake Lanier Rowing Club invites you to their Learn to Row Classes where you will learn — ready? — how to row with one oar or two up a creek or with the flow.
And the people rejoiced.
They say this “total body workout” has “no impact,” as with most of my personal attempts to get into shape.
This time, however, I think it means that you won’t have to shatter any bones to learn to row.
Learn to Row Class 1:
- Total body workout. No Impact. Great Fun.
- Six sessions of 2 hours each.
- Participants will learn techniques for rowing with 1 oar and 2 oars. (See? Told you!)
- Begins May 30th 2017. Last class is Saturday, June 10th.
- Classes held each Tuesday & Thursday at 6:30 pm, and Saturday at 8:30 am.
Cost $150 and can be applied towards club membership if you join LLRC.
Classes are held at Clarks Bridge Park, 3105 Clarks Bridge Road, Gainesville, Georgia, 30506.
Face your fears! Yes, you can row with only one oar! (Mostly in circles, but it can be done.)
Other Learn to Row Class Dates
- Class 2 starts June 20, 2017 and ends July 1, 2017.
- Class 3 starts July 11, 2017 and ends July 22, 2017
- Class 4 starts August 1, 2017 and ends August 12, 2017