The Greatest State of Georgia offers anglers some of America’s best freshwater and saltwater fishing. Everyone over the age of 15 will need a Georgia fishing license to enjoy the privilege in public waters.
How to Buy a Georgia Fishing License
- Proof of residence, such as a Georgia driver’s license, is required to purchase a resident fishing license.
- A valid Social Security number is required for all license purchases.
- Go online anytime at www.gofishgeorgia.com or www.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com.
- Visit license dealers in person statewide. State parks, marinas, major retailers, sporting goods stores and bait shops sell them.
- A complete list of license agents can be found at gofishgeorgia.com.
- Buy a license over the phone at 800-366-2661 between 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. weekdays, and from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
Who Needs a Georgia Fishing License
- Anglers age 16 and older must have a current Georgia fishing license in their possession while fishing in fresh or salt water in Georgia.
- Nonresidents 16 or older, regardless of physical condition, must have a valid nonresident Georgia fishing license to fish in Georgia freshwater and saltwater, except in private ponds.
- Exception: A fishing license is not required to fish in private ponds, nor by residents and their immediate family on their own land.
As you know, there are a zillion other restrictions on limits, size, seasons and locations for fishing in Georgia.
Click Here for Georgia Fishing License Information