War Hill Park
War Hill Campground in Dawsonville, Georgia, consists of 14 primitive campsites, a day-use area, a bath house with restrooms and hot showers. In many countries, that isn’t primitive … it’s luxury.
War Hill and Toto Creek Park are labeled as “primitive.” That’s because the campsites don’t have electricity and you might have to take a short walk for water or to use the restroom.
Don’t let the notion of primitive frighten you away. Campers hardly ever see wild elephants or giraffes nearby.
The only wildlife you will probably experience will be at the food court at the outlet malls over by the intersection of GA 400 and GA 53.
War Hill Campground is maintained by the good folks at Dawson County Parks & Recreation.
There are also four boat ramps that provide access to every fishing hole on the entire lake. Don’t have a boat? You will love the fishing pier.
Amenities at Primitive Campsites
- 14 primitive campsites available
- Restrooms nearby
- Host Camper onsite
- Fire pit, charcoal grill, and lantern hook at each site
- Available for Boat Ramp and Day-Use areas only
- Cost: $30 resident / $50 non-resident of Dawson County
War Hill Campground Information
- Phone: 706-344-3646.
- Address: 4081 War Hill Park Road; Dawsonville, GA 30534
- Directions: War Hill Park Road crosses GA Route 53, just south of GA 400. Go east on War Hill Park Road, directly into the park.
Reservations: Reservations for camping at War Hill are available online only. On-site cash payments for reservations are not accepted.
Steps to Make Reservations Online
- Go to: Dawson County Parks & Recreation Department
- Click on the big green button in the middle of the page that says Register or Reserve Here.
- Click on the tab labeled Facility Rentals.
- Click on for information on the 14 campsites.
- Click on Login/Create Account to reserve the site of your choice.