Last Chance for Lake Lanier Dock Permits
Our pal at the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Deputy Public Affairs Officer Lisa Ann Parker, sent this press release to LakeLanier.com on Thursday, August 28, 2014.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Mobile District announces that Lake Sidney Lanier has completed the dock lottery process begun in 2009. After completion of the lottery, it was determined that additional permits may be issued.
The Shoreline Management Section at Lake Lanier will begin accepting requests for new dock permits on Tuesday, September 16, 2014.
Requests will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis beginning September 16 after 8:30 a.m. local time. Requests received before this time will not be accepted.
All requests must be made to the Shoreline Management Help Desk only on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays at 770-945-9531, ext. 3262. Walk-In requests will also be accepted on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
ACE Rules for Applying for Dock Permits
- Requests will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis beginning September 16 after 8:30 a.m. local time. Requests received before this time will not be accepted.
- Once reviewed, applicants will have 90 days to submit ALL required documentation.
- If applicants fail to meet this deadline their application will be purged and they will go to the end of the line.
- Once Lake Lanier reaches the equivalent of 10,615 permits, no further requests will be accepted.
- Reviews may be placed on hold at any time to ensure the cap on permits is not exceeded.
- An appointment does not guarantee a permit will be issued.
- Under no circumstances should any applicant place any facility or perform any modification of public lands or waters without a permit.
There are 65 dock permits that remain to be designated, according to this information published by the ACE at Lake Lanier.