Lake Lanier Hunting
Hunting is generally very restricted around Lake Lanier because there’s limited public land surrounding the lake and intensive residential development.
Canada goose and teal hunting is allowed on Lake Lanier:
- The season for Lake Lanier is generally in September.
- The bag limit is 5 geese per day (10 in possession) and 4 teal per day (8 in possession)
- Hunting is allowed on the lake except:
- Within 1000 feet of any dock, house, bridge, road, boat ramp, marina etc.
- In Bald Ridge Creek, Shoal Creek and any area south of Lake Lanier Islands.
Deer and Feral Hogs
During November and December some hunting of deer and feral hogs is allowed on islands in the lake. For a permit, hunters must submit a signed letter with full name, address, phone and email to the Corps of Engineers. That allows entry into a lottery. 60 permits are awarded by lottery every year.