The Best Marinas, Restaurants and Parks on Lake Lanier
LakeLanier.com is proud to annouce the winners of its 3rd Annual Lake Lanier Survey.
With thousands of votes, local people in the Lake Lanier area chose their favorite marinas, restaurants, parks, events and more.
Here is a recap of the most popular five categories and the winners:
- Best Marina: Aqualand Marina, the world’s largest inland marina, took home the award for the first time. Holiday Marina, the winner in both 2007 and 2008, finished third this year.
- Best Campground: The famous resort at Lake Lanier Islands managed to hold off Old Federal Park and be chosen as Lake Lanier’s best campground.
- Best Park: A narrow runner-up in the campground voting, Old Federal Park in Flowery Branch was chosen as the best Park on Lake Lanier.
- Best Restaurant: There was a new winner this year. After Big Creek Tavern won for the last two years, it was narrowly edged out this time by Skogies at Gainesville Marina.
- Best Event: There was no contest in the event category. The annual 4th of July fireworks ran out a clear winner.
All of the winners will receive an engraved plaque commemorating their victory. Thanks to all who voted.